Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Funny Kids

Dear William, you crack me up. I asked you who the cutest baby in the world is. You said "mama". I replied with "but I am not a baby, James is the baby". And you said with a big fat smile ... "but you'll always be a baby to Grandpa".

Dear Thomas, your obsession with fruit is hilarious. For some reason, you took it upon yourselves to become the PEAR Police today. You went through the bowl of fruit on the counter and picked out the pears that did not look quite right to you - mainly because they were Red instead of green ... and decided they needed to be hidden in the refrigerator. You had your mind made up that red pairs from the counter were going to turn green in the fridge.

Dear Victoria, what is up with your words these days? It seems you need to add "Ness" to the end of everything. Pedro made Varsity Tennis, and you exclaim "awesomeness". You walk in the door and greet me as "Ms. Mommyness". Thomas asks where Daddy is tonight. Your answer is "Schoolness". This is just a phase, right? :-)

Dear James, you fell asleep with your finger in your mouth today. Such a simple thing - completely adorable, very funny to say the least. I did not have the heart to disturb you. You looked so peaceful and calm. Pointer finger firmly planted between gums and lips. I suppose it's better than sucking your thumb, for sure.

I love having funny kids. I love having adorable kids. I love hilarious moments that can make us laugh until we cry. Sometimes its a simple smile or a wink in the kitchen. Nonetheless, I need to remind myself that these amazing and precious children make me laugh and smile far more than they make me want to pull my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment