Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday William

Dear William:


So, seven years ago today - wearing a pumpkin t-shirt and pumpkin socks - I gave birth to our first born son, YOU. What a blessing, what an honor. You are such a fabulous kid. You were also the surprise of my life. We had adopted Victoria because I was told I would probably not be able to have kids. HA ! I've since given birth to you and your two brothers!  

Did you know I was already 10 weeks along by the time I found out I was pregnant with you, because I didn't really think it was possible, and pretty much just thought my body was going crazy :) So I got a little treat so sweet on Halloween 2003. 


There are so many things I love about you.  Of course I love you - just for being you.  I love your brain and the logical way you think.  I love how protective you are of me, and your family.  I love how you are so sweet and gentle with James. I love how affectionate you are with me, and how you still crave private time with your mama. I love how you play Chess.  You are doing so well in 1st grade.  You scores are super high and your teacher says you read way above your age level.  I love hearing you read out loud.  I could go on and on - but just know you are so very special and I adore every inch of you - inside and out :)

Meanwhile - here are two pics of me wearing the pumpkin t-shirt.  One when I was 9 months pregnant, and one today - taken with my iPhone, not great quality - but I am wearing the same Orange shirt I wore 7 yrs ago today! Yeah, it's kinda big on me now, but it's sentimental, so who cares ?!


and of course here is your newborn picture !
I love you William.  I am so glad you were born.


Love, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment