Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mama feels restless


Okay - kids - mama is feeling restless today. I don't want to be the responsible adult that I am suppose to be. I don't want to do laundry and tackle the mountain forming in my bedroom closet. I don't want to clean out the crock pot that seriously needs to be cleaned out. I am not all that excited about changing diapers at this moment. I am not too thrilled about the sticky syrup that Sir Thomas spread all over my newly mopped floor.

I want to play. I want to swim. I want to do something. I just can't quite figure out what exactly it is that I want to do. It's like when you're craving something - - but nothing seems to satisfy. It's an odd feeling and yes grownups get to experience feelings of restlessness just like kids do.

It is about 10 o'clock in the morning. I have many things that I need to accomplish today. I have some phone calls to make -and some business stuff to tend to. Dishes need attention and baby James needs a bath like nobody's business.

Yet - somehow - regardless of my growing "to do" list, and my collection of responsibilities; I will make time to have fun. I will make time today to make a memory. We will laugh. We will squeal. We will run. We will dance. We will eat. We will makes messes; and we will clean them up. Just like we do most every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment