Sunday, June 21, 2009

A lot has been happening

Dear Kids...

A lot has been happening! For starters, my baby James - you have been sick! You had the croup. It was really scary. You could hardly breathe and you had fevers ! Daddy took you to the doctor and got you some meds and a shot. You showed them - when the doctor gave you a shot - you pooped all over the table. Yikes. You seem a bit better now; but still pretty needy and clingy; and wanting to be held a lot. I figure you're entitled.

Today is Father's day. We have been trying to spoil daddy a little bit. Even though - he did make us breakfast; because it is his specialty! Well, and dinner too for that matter. We gave him a pack of sunflower seeds to plant as well as a nice hat to do his gardening with - it has UPF protection. We also all went out as a family and bought a banana tree for planting! It was SO hot, we were all drenched in sweat.

Yesterday - we had fun at Brazos Bend State Park. The whole family went for a walk on a nature trail. It was a short walk - but plenty long considering the heat. We saw things like baby ducks, a baby Alligator, turtles and such. It was rather exciting if you ask me. Then William and Thomas - you did great playing on the playground. Victoria - my little monkey - you climbed trees and vines like I've never seen! It was awesome. I even took pictures.

I also had fun yesterday evening with you Victoria and William and Thomas - as we went to the pool at the YMCA. The weather was perfect and I got in tons of exercising swimming after you all and having fun.

Speaking of fun in the water - last week, we had our first family beach day of the season. Of course, James - it was your first ever. James - you are so fond of water, it is amazing. I think you're part fish. You loved the sand, but you liked the water even better. William - you were pretty fearless, you wanted to go out deeper into the water than mama was comfortable with. Victoria is a body surfing goddess I am sure! Thomas - you are a bit cautious. There does seem to be a spark of interest on your part - but you would NOT go out into the water unless I was carrying you!

We have also had some fun adventures like going to Chuck-E-Cheese at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday for no good reason, other than to play :) I liked going in the morning because nobody was there it seemed. We also had fun going to a movie (UP) in Katy. It was a great movie - and we all seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

Well, if you want to see uploaded pictures - go here: http://60toeteam.shutterfly.com/

I love you all - and I am really enjoying our summer so far (except for the being sick part).

No comments:

Post a Comment