Friday, March 12, 2010

Wonder Woman


Dear Kids:

On this day in history back in 1974 - a show called "Wonder Woman" debuted on TV. It was very popular. Even then, at that young age - I remember thinking she was beautiful and I wanted to look just like her. I wanted to be WONDER WOMAN...and not just for Halloween. I remember my mother being shocked by her outfit. I guess in this day and age fewer mothers would be shocked Ahhhh, the media hype sending such messages to young girls, even back then - to be perfect to be beautiful, to show off your cleavage. I SO very much wanted to be her when I grew up.

Now some may argue that as a grown-up, married mother of four who runs a household and works for a non-profit organization and keeps up with 2 dogs and 2 cats ... that I may indeed have achieved my Wonder Woman status :) (tee hee) ... but alas, I do not look anything remotely like her, and shall not be wearing any such costume, not even to the beach.

And you know what, that's okay. I like me, as is. I am a work in progress of course - constantly learning and striving to be healthier.

I no longer have a desire to be wonder woman,
I'm thinking I want to be longevity woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment