Saturday, February 13, 2010

17 Years Ago Today


Dear Kids:

Seventeen years ago today, a sexy and handsome sailor named Tom (your dad) asked me to marry him, in old town Alexandria, VA in the freezing cold. I said, 'yes, yes, now get up off your knees and let's get back in the car, it's FREEZING!' ... We were 23 years old at that time. We were married on April 9th of the same year. Short engagement, I know.

So, tonight the church is having a 'Parents Night Out' kind of thing where we can leave all of you kids from 5-9pm - - and we get to go on a date. How cool is that? emoticon

Hope you all get to have a fabulous time as well. Think I'll put a photo in here - a blast from the past :) We had a simple and modest wedding. (Perfect in every way)


1 comment:

  1. Perfect in every way? I don't think so ... Aunt Kelly couldn't be there; I was in the hospital (again!!). Congrats to the 2 of you ... hope you enjoyed your date night out. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete